Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tuesday April 3 2012.

It's been awhile, I guess that is what happens in Kentucky when the most talented group of college guys WIN the NCAA championship!! Eight national championships...so happy and proud to say I am a University of Kentucky alum! Go cats!

I wanted to share some pictures from today. My parents, myself, and my neice C took a quick road trip to visit hubby at his work. I have to brag a  bit because I think Hubby has a pretty awesome job. He is one of the account managers at Color Point LLC, a greenhouse located in Paris Kentucky that supplies to vendors in the KY, TN, GA, VA, and IN area. One of their biggest vendors around this area is Lowes. If you purchase any plants from there, especially this time of year, check the label-chances are they are grown by Color Point.

I kid you not, this place is huge! Like you-need-a-small-vehicle-to-get you-from-one-end-of-the-greenhouse-to-the-other huge! The amount of high tech equipment makes you feel like you are in an episode of the Jetson's. Inside the glass walls, people and machines move like clockwork to make every single seed and plug grow into picture perfect plants. I have no clue what all the fancy bells and whistles are or do, and hubby would laugh at me if I tried to explain it all, so I will just get to the pictures.

                   Color Point, LLC

           Last year, before the expansion...


          This year after the expansion.


  On property water system that delivers water
            for use in the greenhouse.


  This robot takes tiny little leaf-looking plugs
 and plants them into plastic trays that are then  tagged and taken out into the greenhouse to grow.

         
   Tiny little babies newly planted by the robot.

Me and C, she was so excited to go visit 
Uncle Kevin at the "flower house." 

When you look up you see automatic pulley systems  that move each basket down the line to ensure adequate watering.

C looking at all the colorful flowers.

Flowers and plants loaded on carts ready to be shipped by the truckloads to various vendors.

Rows and rows...and rows, of flowers.
Reminds me of the huge fields of flowers in
'The Wizard of Oz.'

All the bright colors! 
                                                     







No comments:

Post a Comment